Cat Harness Information
The design of the cat harness is for their unique body shape. My goal is for the harness to be humane, safe, a comfortable fit for the cat and functional for the owners. The placement of the body straps are placed further back on to the rib cage to avoid the body straps chafing the armpit areas. There is plenty of room for full range motion of the front shoulders. I designed 2 types of cat harnesses;
- The Patented No Pull Cat Harness is a regular type of harness with 1 Body straps…that is functional for controlling the cat when the Cat is pulling on the leash.
- The Patented No Pull Tuff N Huff Cat Harness is designed with 2 Body Straps that is also functional for controlling the cat when the Cat is pulling on the leash.
My Patented No Pull Harness design is different from other styles of harnesses that target sensitive areas of the body to control your pet. I wanted a product that did not use pain, nor chafing in the armpit area while walking your pet, I wanted pets to be able to walk and play wearing a harness that is comfortable for them.
I designed the body strap to slightly tighten around the core of the body. The placement of the body strap was moved further back onto the rib cage, out of the normally targeted sensitive armpit area. The uniquely designed back part of the harness has 3 forms of connected pressure on the core of the cat’s body when the cat pulls on the attached leash:
- Direct Ribcage Motion – Allows movement of the body strap to tighten and release pressure on the core of the body.
- Indirect Shoulder Motion – As movement of the back part of the harness follows movement of the leash toward the rear of the pet. That movement causes the shoulder straps to slightly apply pressure over the shoulders down to the front of the chest point.
- Indirect Belly Strap Motion – As the front shoulder strap applies pressure over the shoulders the movement continues down to the connected Belly Strap that is also connected to the body strap. This pressure is now affecting the entire core of the pets body as you do a tug and release motion with your fingers on the leash and speaking your verbal command. You now have their total attention, they will look back at you, as though they are acknowledging your presence and listening to your verbal commands. The tug and release motion does not hurt or use pain on the pet, it just enough pressure on the core of the body that grabs their attention and they focus on you and your verbal commands.
Please look at color choices, as they do vary with size of webbing used to make harness. I had to use 2 drop down menu for the number of colors available; always make sure that only one color is chosen one drop down and the other drop down has “None on Drop Down”. The Titan Harness Sets have 2 color harnesses; a Primary Color drop down and a Secondary Color drop down…same colors choices as the regular harness.